You may have noticed that over the last few months we have been sporting different awareness ribbons in our signature line and on our social media profiles. Firefly tries to make sure that we engage in some kind of a philanthropy project regularly to give back to our community, spread awareness about a cause, show support for our community, and to share some good news. In September, when we raised awareness about Childhood Cancers and Ovarian Cancer, we got the idea to use the ribbons in our social media and signature lines. With that first ribbon, we realized that we can show support to many different causes year-round. Ribbons have always been a great way to show support and raise awareness about a cause because. Wearing or displaying the ribbon encourages people to look to see what the ribbon means, in turn learning a little bit about the cause and becoming more educated.
November is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month – We’re doing our part to spread some knowledge and raise awareness about this devastating disease.
Some Facts from the CDC:
- Prostate Cancer is the most common cancer in men, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- Prostate Cancer affected 196,038 men in 2010.
- Risk factors include age and family history
- Different symptoms occur in different men, and some men do not have any symptoms at all
- There are two screening tests available: Digital Rectal Exam and a Prostate specific antigen (PSA) test
- Talk to your doctor about your risk factors and if you should get screened.
Thanks for helping us to raise awareness about Prostate Cancer and support the cause!